Our Life Together
As a Christian church – a local expression of the Body of Christ – we desire to live in a way that both glorifies God and encourages one another. Here is how we strive to live together as God’s people.
Crossway Christian Church
1. Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ,
2. And on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
3. We do now, in the presence of God, His angels and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one in Christ.
4. We engage, therefore, by aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort;
5. To promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines;
6. To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
7. We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to educate religiously our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances;
8. To be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
9. To seek, by Divine aid, to live carefully in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, always seeking to bear the fruit of God’s Spirit in our lives, looking to God’s Holy Scriptures as our guide for all parts of life; remembering that, as those purchased by Christ’s blood, we now have a special obligation to lead a new and holy life, having died to our old lives.
10. We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love;
11. To remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech;
12. To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
13. We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and principles of God’s Word.
14. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.