Why We Give to International Missions
At Crossway, one of the ways we support mission is by giving prayers and money to the International Mission Board (IMB). There almost 5,000 missionaries are funded around the globe. The President of the IMB, David Platt, recently shared what is means for a people to be “unreached” and why we are called to reach them. Spend some times letting these truths sink in, then ask God to move you forward in your commitment to spread the gospel to ALL peoples.
Sermon outline — Our obligation to the Unreached
What does it mean to be Unreached? — You do not currently have access to the gospel. Unless something changes, you will likely be born, live and die without ever hearing the gospel.
- You have knowledge of God. (Romans 1:18-20)
- You have rejected God. (Romans 1:21-25)
- You stand condemned before God. (Romans 1:18-3:20)
- You have never heard the good news. (Romans 3:21-26)
Why must we give, and why must we go to the Unreached?
- Their knowledge of God is only enough to damn them to hell. (Romans 6:23)
- The gospel of God is powerful enough to save them for heaven. (Revelation 5:9-10)
- The plan of God warrants the sacrifices of His people. (Romans 10:14-15)
- The Son of God deserves the praises of all peoples. (Romans 1:5; 16:26)
And so, we give sacrificially and we go willingly. This is not an option; it is an obligation!